Reserve a GTR Shuttle Seat
Sponsored by Grey Transit Route and Driverseat
Riding on the Grey Transit Route
- Be at your stop five minutes early. Check when your bus will arrive Click Here.
- Please let people exit the bus before you enter.
- All passengers are required to use seatbelts while travelling on GTR Buses.
- Be respectful of customers, drivers and all GTR staff members.
- All Fares and payment options available here.
Exact Cash Payments begin Monday March 29th/21. Reservations must be made by phone at 226-910-1001.
Service Animals and Pets
Service animals are allowed on all GTR vehicles. Pets such as cats and dogs are allowed on GTR vehicles but must be contained in an animal carrier that can fit on your lap. Exotic animals are not allowed.
The customer is responsible for the behaviour of the animal and ensuring it does not cause a disturbance or threaten the safety of others. GTR Bus Operators have the authority to refuse any animal they believe may be likely to cause harm, damage or discomfort to any person or property.
· Definition of a Service Animal
A Service Animal is any animal trained for the purpose of accompanying a person with a disability, including a visually impaired or hearing-impaired person. If the animal is not wearing a vest or harness that identifies it as a Service Animal, the customer may be asked to show the GTR Bus Operators official documentation from a regulated health professional confirming that the animal is being used for reasons relating to their disability.
Please allow customers with disabilities, or mobility devices, elderly or pregnant women to board the bus first. Priority seats on all GTR buses have been reserved for customers with disabilities only. You must vacate these seats for customers with disabilities.
Signaling a GTR bus when travelling in the City of Owen Sound, The Town of Blue Mountains and the Town of Orangeville
If you are travelling with GTR in the City of Owen Sound, The Town of Blue Mountains or the Town of Orangeville, you must signal the bus to alert the driver that you are waiting for the GTR bus. Otherwise, the driver will assume you are waiting for the local transit system bus.
If the bus approaching is not your GTR bus, take a step back to inform the driver that you are not waiting for that bus.
Please be sure to signal the bus in plenty of time to allow the driver time to safely stop.
Don’t Chase the Bus
Please do not chase the bus, for the safety of everyone, drivers are not allowed to let passengers on the bus once it has left the stop. Please be at your stop at least five minutes early.
No – Smoking, Vaping, Cannabis & Alcohol
Smoking, vaping and the consumption of alcohol or cannabis products are not permitted on any GTR bus, in bus shelters or at bus terminals.
No – Hazardous Substances Allowed
Toxic, flammable or hazardous substances are not permitted on any GTR bus, in bus shelters or at bus terminals.
When seated, place the backpack on your lap. Backpacks should not prevent another customer from being seated. When standing, remove your backpack and hold it in front of you.
Strollers and Bulky Items
Strollers, buggies and large bulky items are only allowed when there is space and it does not affect fellow riders. Customers must be able to carry their own items on and off the bus. For the safety of all customers, the aisles must not be blocked.
To keep passengers and bus operators safe, please refrain from consuming food and drinks on all GTR Buses.
Listening to music with earphones is permitted, if the volume is at an acceptable level and does not disturb fellow riders or the driver.
Wearing in-line skates, roller skates, ice skates or use of a skateboard is not allowed on any GTR bus, in bus shelters or at bus terminals. Shirts and shoes must be worn on board buses.
Available April 1 – October 31 Bring your bicycle on the bus and explore Grey, Bruce, Dufferin County and beyond by bicycle.
The racks are easy to load and unload, and are available on a first-come, first-served basis. All passengers of the GTR can use the racks. Children 12 years of age or under must be accompanied by an adult in order to use the bicycle racks.
Bicycle Rack Tips
- Remove any loose items that are not permanently attached to your bicycle (e.g., water bottles or travel bags).
- If there are no other bicycles on the rack, use the space closest to the bus.
- Do not lock your bicycle to the rack. The rack arm is designed to keep your bicycle secure while the bus is in transit.
- Allow passengers to unload their bicycles before loading yours.
- Tricycles, motorized bicycles, and bicycles with child carriers or trailers are not allowed on the bicycle rack.
What types of bicycles can go on the racks?
Conventional two-wheeled bicycles are allowed on bicycle racks (tire sizes from 20” to 29”/700c and up to a 44” wheelbase) Tricycles and motorized bicycles are not permitted, nor are bicycles with child carriers or trailers. Children’s bicycles that do not fit on the rack may be brought on board the bus if space permits.
Loading your bicycle onto the rack
- Once the bus comes to a complete stop, signal to the GTR Bus Operator that you are going to be using the bicycle rack. Wait for the GTR Bus Operator to signal back before you start loading your bicycle.
- Always load and unload your bicycle from the curbside or front of the bus. Do not use locks or chains to attach your bicycle to the rack.
- Pull the marked handle up to release and lower the rack.
- Load your bicycle, placing the front and rear wheels in the appropriate wheel slots. (A label will indicate where to place the front wheel.)
- After the bicycle is in position, pull the support arm out and place it over the front tire.
- Refunds will not be issued for pre-booked rides. If passengers are unable to ride the GTR for the time they have booked, please call 226-910-1001 and you will be issued a credit for a future ride. If the booked ride time has passed and the passenger did not ride the GTR, no refund or credit will be issued.
- GTR passengers who pay for their ride with cash must notify the GTR prior to their trip departure if they are not able to make their scheduled time. It is important for passengers to notify the GTR if they cannot ride as this will open up the seat for other passengers. Passengers who book a cash ride but do not show up or call ahead to cancel their ride may be asked to book future rides by debit card, credit card or coupon code.